8 things i’m passionate about
1. My family
2. My religion
3. My Vietnam blanket project
4. Lately, adoption (again)
8 things i say often
1. Oy! (I swear, this is some weird side effect of this pregnancy. I live in a small, Midwestern farming town–not exactly the kind of place where you hear this with any frequency.)
2. If you need me, come get me. Don’t yell across the house.
3. You are not the mommy, or the daddy. You don’t get to discipline.
4. I am sooooo tired.
5. Ow ow ow ow ow…(man, do I need to see a chiropractor)
6. We’ll be lucky if we make it through the day without someone getting thrown out a window.
8 books i’ve recently read
1. The Gift by Shad Helmstetter
2. What to Say When you Talk to Yourself by Shad Helmstetter
3. Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
5. Fifth Principle by Michael Clouse
6. 100,000 Baby Names by Bruce Lansky
7. The Book of Mormon
8. Real Leadership by John Maxwell
8 songs i could listen to over and over
1. Turn Me On by Norah Jones
2. Pretty much anything from the Swingers soundtrack
3. On My Own from Les Miserables
4. Vertigo by U2
5. Amazing by Aerosmith
6. Crazy by Aerosmith
7. The Wall (the whole thing) by Pink Floyd
8. The Joker by The Steve Miller Band
8 things that attract me to my best friends
2. Sense of humor
5. Flaws (Honestly, perfect people make me nervous)
6. Work ethic
8 things i’ve learned in the past year
1. I’m not too hateful at organizing a big project.
2. Just because you go out of your way to be nice to people, doesn’t mean they won’t screw you over (cynical? maybe. true? you bet.)
3. I talk to myself less when I’m getting my thoughts out on the computer screen.
4. I’m capable of more than I give myself credit for.
6. I’m frequently paralyzed by perfectionism.
7. Asking for help isn’t the end of the world.
8. Taking care of three kids, 5 pets, a husband, a business, a rental house, and being pregnant does a phenomenal job of making you forget anything else you may have learned over the past year.
Yup, that’s it. Haven’t been blogging long enough to ask many beyond that.
OK, an unrelated topic: While doing this, I was watching tonight’s installment of Dancing With the Stars. Is it just me, or:
Franck Eggelhoffer (wedding planner in Father of the Bride)
Were these two not separated at birth?