I got tagged by Julie at The Calm Before the Stork. Here are the rules…
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share five random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Share the five top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.
4. Tag a minimum of five random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.
5 Random Facts About Me
- When I am pregnant, I sleep with a stuffed cow (I started doing this when I discovered that I couldn’t find a comfortable place to put my arm as I got bigger). Sean’s brother was playing a game of Simon Says with our kids a few months back and started using my cow to issue instructions, referring to it as “Sally.” My kids now call the cow Sally, which drives me nuts because her name is Clara Belle (yes, I have issues).
- The older I get, the less I trust traditional doctors. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that it took two doctors six weeks to figure out that I had a neck fracture after a car accident. The first doctor didn’t do x-rays, the second didn’t bother to look at the results of my x-rays until my follow-up appointment.
- I was born in northern Maine right after a blizzard. My dad had wrecked the car during the blizzard, so my parents had to borrow the neighbor’s to go to the hospital. This may have something to do with my irrational fear about impassible roads when I’m in labor, since I’m due the day after my birthday.
- I have a degree in English, and had planned to be a high school teacher. Student teaching (specifically, parent/teacher conferences) cured me of that.
- My husband won’t make the bed because I have, in the past, remade it after he did. I have a weird expectation of it being done “right.” I fully blame my father for this. (And yes, I will also rearrange the dishes after he loads the dishwasher.)
OK, now that you’re probably all convinced that I could benefit from medication, let’s move on…
5 Places I’d Like to See (if I weren’t deathly afraid of flying…)
- I would love to see northern Maine (I was only 3-months-old when we moved), especially in the fall.
- China (especially the Great Wall)
- Somewhere in the Pacific Islands–any random ones would do
- Hungary. Mostly because Sean served a two-year mission there, and I know that he would love to go back and take me there.
5 People I’m tagging to play along
- Doug (let’s see if I can shame him into posting something)
- OK, I’m lame and only tagging four–just hitting the people I know in real life this time.