At this point, I have a little less than a week and a half until my due date (for whatever that is actually worth). It occurs to me that I probably out to make a few preparations for the inevitable. (Incidentally, I chuckle when I compare myself to first-time mom bloggers who have been preparing for the inevitable since the moment they got a positive pee test and are probably appalled at my complete lack of preparation.) So, given my current brain dead state (I totally believe the studies that say your brain shrinks during the last trimester), and the fact that any paper left laying around my house may fall victim to crayons, I am making my “To Do (Due?)” list here.
Read it. Don’t read it. Whatever.
- Get all of my networking group responsibilities in order.
- Put in skin care order for mother and mother-in-law.
- Make C’s teddy bear (I cut the pattern out today)
- Make baby blanket (started this one a few nights ago, realized that I cut several 9″ by 10″ squares–oh, wait, that wouldn’t be a square–got frustrated at my mistake and put it back away)
- Buy infant-sized diapers
- Get out newborn clothes and put them someplace accessible
- Buy batteries for camera
- Make list of things to take to hospital and start packing hospital bag
- Load MP3 player with music to zone out by (hmmm–maybe get older brother to rip a couple of movies to put on it)
- Make list of movies that I wouldn’t mind seeing while in labor/recovering
- Get reading material for recovery time in hospital so I don’t go completely insane with boredom
- Make Christmas presents for N’s bio siblings (yes, I am that bad)
- Write blog post about C’s birth for my section on “My Journey to Motherhood” so everything is in the right order when I write my birth story this time.
- Ack! I need to pre-register at the hospital. I keep forgetting to get the card from my doctor for that. I think I’ll just stop by the hospital tomorrow and fill it out.
Are there other things that should be on the list? Probably. Will I get everything done? Probably not. And it really won’t matter. I’ve been through this enough times to know that I will take too much stuff to the hospital, Sean will forget to take pictures right away, and I’ll probably be too involved in labor itself to listen to music or watch DVDs. And the world won’t cease if I don’t get the other stuff done–I’ll just have to get someone else to do it for me or wait until I’m recovered (depending on what it is). Seriously, I could go into labor tonight and really not stress about the list.
You hear that, kid? Don’t feel like you need to wait for me to be ready. After all, if I still have Christmas presents to make…
As I’ve been typing this, C~ has been spinning in the living room. Seriously, for about 15 minutes, just spinning in circles until he can’t stand up anymore. He was doing it this afternoon, too. Of course, that time he managed to fall into the corner of an antique music stand in the room and now has a big bump/scrape/bruise on the side of his head.