Five Things I’m Grateful for Today:
- The fact that my children still love to snuggle.
- That I can tuck my children in their own beds every night feeling confident that they are safe* and secure.
- That it has been over seven years since the last major attack on U.S. soil.
- The thousands of brave men and women who risk their lives to keep ours safe.
- The opportunity to vote for the person I feel will best preserve the concepts of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness that this country was founded on.
Voting is such a privilege–don’t take it for granted! Without strong leaders, we won’t have a strong country.
*If you want to see just how fortunate our children our, watch this:
This is just the trailer. But you can watch the whole documentary on the internet. It is about an hour long and does have a few graphic images in it. More powerful, though, is just what these kids go through–the hardship, the fear, and the grief. Amazing.
Even if you don’t watch it, go hug your kids and be grateful that they live in a society that values its children so much.