I started to write a post. I was about three paragraphs in. They just called my state for Obama and I’m afraid that this race is over. I’m now too depressed to write my whole post so, without further ado:
Five Things I’m Thankful For Today:
- My mother complains when I write about diaper blow-outs. If she only knew the things that I don’t tell you about. With that in mind, today I am very grateful for disposable bleach wipes. ‘Nuff said.
- Barnes and Noble. When it became apparent that Sean plans on having election coverage on all evening, I headed out for a new book on human trafficking (amazingly, B&N had the one I wanted).
- Having the flexibility to take my kids to the polls (and count it as school time) because I teach N~ at home. It really was an educational experience for them, and W~ and N~ have spent the day asking questions about McCain and Obama.
- The way E~ cracks himself up when he shakes his head “no” at me. Nothing beats the joy of a baby.
- The availability of information. I love to learn, and we live in a time where it is so easy to do. Bookstores, libraries, the internet–we have an amazing wealth of information available to us. I think of all of the people in the world who don’t even have the advantage of being literate, and I am so grateful for how available information is to anyone in this country who wants to access it.
Sigh. I should have done that earlier in the day. I’m going to go read my book now. Or maybe work on changing my blog theme.
What’s the appropriate length of mourning for the death of this country as we know it?