Yes, my blog is in mourning. But, while I have definite concerns over the socialist leanings of our new President elect, life must go on. So, I will now lay the issue of politics to rest (for awhile, at least) with today’s list of five things that I am grateful for–the election version.
Today I am Thankful For:
- The fact that the election is over. My candidate may have lost, but I am still doing a happy dance that I don’t have to hear about politics 24/7 anymore.
- In four year, Barack Obama will have the opportunity to run on his own record instead of George Bush’s. Whether he likes it or not.
- The Democrats didn’t end up with a super majority.
- Al Franken appears to have lost. Because Oh. My. Gosh. If he won? I think I’d take it as a sign of the apocalypse. I can understand wanting to vote for a Democrat, but Al Franken? I don’t get it. I am so glad that he won’t be making major decisions for our country.
- I live in a country that has moved forward far enough to elect a black president. Seriously. Even if I think that Obama is the wrong guy, I am happy to know that my biracial son will grow up in a world where a black president isn’t a foreign concept. I’m grateful that he’ll see black role models on TV other than athletes and 50 Cent. This is a huge deal. Mr. Obama, please don’t screw it up.
And now, back to life.