Today, I am Thankful For:
- Crock pots. It is truly a joyous thing to have dinner essentially made at 9:30 in the morning and not have it hanging over your head all day. Besides, I make a mean chili, which is just what today’s weather called for.
- Hot apple cider. Super yummy and, again, goes perfectly with cold weather.
- N~ recognizes Sarah Palin! After all of this talk about Barack Obama (who all of my kids are constantly pointing out to me–not much of anything cuter than a two-year-old telling you the name of political leaders), I was pretty excited at the store today when N~ said, “Look, Mom, Barack Obama and Sarah Palin!” And there they were, on magazines sitting next to each other on the rack. I’m amazed that he has paid that much attention. (They also know John McCain’s name, but I don’t know if they would recognize a picture of him or not.)
- When my husband cleans up the dinner dishes. I plan on letting him know that I expect to be thankful for this before I go to bed tonight. 😉 It’s been a long day.
- E’s cute little developing sense of humor. He thinks it is hilarious when I tell him “no.” Today, I had to do a health screening over the phone since we are making some changes to my life insurance. The woman is asking me all of these questions about diseases and risky behaviors. I’m holding E~ and having to answer her. So he’s hearing me say, over and over, “no, no, no, no…” and just cracking up. The poor woman was probably a bit confused.