You would think that, knowing that I was going to a slumber party this evening (I came back home for the slumber part), that I might have prepared and did my blogging ahead of time. You would think wrong. So, briefly:
Today, I am Thankful For:
- A father-in-law who occasionally asks to take my older boys for sleepovers. As much as I love my children, I can still celebrate the idea of getting rid of them once in awhile.
- Chinese buffets. Or anything else that eliminates the necessity for me to cook, for that matter.
- Having my nieces over this evening. C~ was really upset about not getting to go to Grandpa’s house with his brothers, so it was great for him to get special time with his cousins doting over just him.
- Catchy music that helps me be-bop my way through the day with my sense of humor intact.
- Time spent in a room full of strictly estrogen-producers. Being part of Team Testosterone, I just don’t get nearly enough girl time. It is so wonderful to spend an evening with other women, talk about kids, politics, whatever, and know that it doesn’t have to have a point or be fixed. And no one is going to scream at the top of their lungs while jumping on the furniture with sticky hands. That’s always a plus.