Today, I am Thankful For:
- Pretty, painted toenails. I have never been much of a girly-girl. Especially now, I just don’t have any reason to dress up, nor do I have the right lifestyle for stylish clothes (many of which require dry cleaning, which would get way expensive given the fact that I usually have some bodily fluid or other on me within an hour or so of getting dressed). Painting my toenails is one tiny little thing that I can do to make myself feel like a girl. Otherwise, I’m pretty much just a big, denim and cotton covered spit rag.
- Good progress in building food storage. Once upon a time, I worked on having food storage. I slipped. We used most of what we had and didn’t replace it. I have felt guilty about not having proper storage for a long time, but hadn’t really done anything about it. Lately, I’ve started taking it seriously. I still have a long way to go, but I’m making progress. I see a lot of trips to Aldi in my future.
- An afternoon where the entire family got a nap. Kids, parents, dogs, I think that I even heard the fish snoring (strange, bubbly noise…). It was a beautiful thing.
- Clean pets. Especially how soft my dogs are if I use conditioner on them. It almost makes it bearable when they decide to use me as a body pillow.
- Blankets. I have been a blankie person since I was a little kid. I’m still on the hunt for the perfect blankie for my kids (who could care less) and myself. I know Sean is overwhelmed by the number of blankets in our house (Really, it’s not bad–we don’t have to negotiate paths through stacks of blankets or anything like that. I could stop whenever I wanted…I swear!), which is one of the only reasons I didn’t buy the softest fuzzy throw ever last night. Thank heavens my mom did. I may have to start sneaking over to her house in the evening to watch tv and snuggle her blanket.
* You do all remember Linus, right?