Noah: Mommy, what is the party you are going to for?
Me: Well, it is for a bunch of women to get together before most of them go see a movie.
Noah: You’re going to go see a movie?
Me: No, but I’ll probably watch it when it comes out on DVD.
Noah: What’s the movie about?
Me: Well, there is a girl who falls in love with a vampire (no, son, he’s a GOOD vampire). But the vampire is afraid he or one of the other good vampires might accidentally hurt her, so he leaves. But then bad vampires come who do want to hurt her and he isn’t there to protect her. So her best friend has to turn into a werewolf to keep her safe. But then, the good vampire thinks she’s dead, so he tries to get other vampires to kill him because he doesn’t want to live without her. So she has to go to Italy and save HIM.
Sean: You just managed to make it sounds even LAMER.
Today, I am thankful for:
- Friends with the energy and creativity to invite everyone over to talk and laugh and eat and enjoy getting away from it all.
- The way the sun, moon, and stars all aligned to allow me to finish today’s school work, cook dinner for my family, and make party food and still get where I needed to be when I needed to be there.
- That we finally had a buyer come through on our stove! Woo Hoo!
- My DVR. I missed the Project Runway finale to go to a party tonight and I’m dying to see if my hometown girl wins. Of course, I’m not telling you which one that would be. 😉
- The prolonged periods of sleep that Violet had today that didn’t involve laying on me. Unless that means she’s not feeling well. But, assuming she’s fine…SO grateful to actually be able to do some stuff without trying to balance a baby on my hip or have her screaming at me when I put her down.